Setup Assistant will help you set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
If you want to start over at any point while setting up your device, press the Home button.
This link takes you through a step-by-step tutorial: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202033
STEP 1 – Download Mediprocity App
- From your mobile device, Open the App Store.
- Search (magnifying glass) for “Mediprocity”.
- Tap “Get” next to the item, then tap again to get it.
When you're asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap “Create New Apple ID”. Follow the onscreen instructions.
STEP 2 - Create your Apple ID:
Mediprocity App is 100% free, although Apple will ask for payment information, select "None".
- Please sign up with an email that you can access – so you can verify the account.
- After you enter all of the information required, you'll be asked to verify your Apple ID by email.
You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it.
You are now ready to install Mediprocity.
STEP 3: Enter Mediprocity Credentials to access Mediprocity
- Register your account via www.mediprocity.com and WRITE DOWN all credentials registered – user name, password and encryption key.
- Once app is downloaded (Steps 1 and 2), enter user credentials (email or user name/password/encryption key – must be exact) ONE time, select “Sign In”. If it says “invalid credentials” – breathe deeply, slow down and try it again.
- Always “Allow” push notifications if asked.
Choose Settings → General → Restrictions
- From the Home screen to see the Restrictions screen.
- Tap Enable Restrictions and set up a restrictions passcode (which is separate from your Passcode Lock passcode).
- Enter a four-number passcode.(If you change your mind, tap the Cancel button to cancel the operation.)
- Enter the same passcode number again to confirm the passcode; restrictions are enabled and ready for you to change.
- Set the restrictions you want by tapping each control’s On switch to turn it off.
By default, all controls are on, which means that usage is allowed (not restricted). Turn off a control to restrict its use.
STEP 4: Setting Up Restrictions for iPods
To restrict access to Mediprocity only and:
- Prevent the use of apps such as FaceTime and Safari
- Prevent installation of new apps
- Disallow in-app purchases
Stop access to the iTunes Store, iBookstore, or App Store
1. Set Restrictions Passcode: From home screen go to Settings → General → Restrictions
Tap Enable Restrictions and set up a restrictions passcode (THIS IS SEPARATE from your Passcode Lock passcode).
Enter a four-number restriction passcode. (If you change your mind, tap the Cancel button to cancel the operation.)
Enter the same restriction passcode again to confirm; the restrictions are enabled and ready for you to change.
2. Set Restrictions: Disallowing access to ipod features
Set the restrictions by tapping each control’s On switch (green) to Off (red). By default, all controls are on, which means that usage is allowed (not restricted).
Turn off a control to restrict its use.
NOTE: Please keep Camera ON but turn off all other options.
Miscellaneous Info: To prevent access to Safari, iTunes Store, and/or App Store (for installing apps), those icons are removed from the Home screen so that they can’t be accessed.
To access the icons and the restricted content, you need to turn off the restrictions first (or turn off all restrictions).
To turn off all restrictions, choose Settings →General →Restrictions and enter the passcode. Tap Disable Restrictions and reenter the passcode.
STEP 5: Prevention and Safety
It is a good idea to buy a case to protect your iPod Touch, as well as a charging cube to plug into the wall.